Monday, November 05, 2007

I Have a Plan

It's just after 6 a.m. and the house is still quiet.

I've meant to get back in the blogging habit for a while now, but got all hung up on the fact that I've "missed" so much. This weekend, our first away from home since I got sick in July, helped me realize that what really matters is that I'm ready to go on from here.

Being sick was not fun, in any sense, but it did bring MANY blessings. I am so grateful for the watchcare of a loving Father, for the love and support of an amazing husband who consistently gives more than 100%, for two precious daughters who've been willing, even anxious, to learn to do more so that they could help more, for extended family who never forgot us at prayertime, and for a church family who truly follow our Savior's example of unconditional love through service freely given. As we experience the "grateful" holiday season for the next couple of months, it is a perfect time of year to be able now to begin to give some back. It feels so good to feel good!

Our holidays were not exactly wonderful last year as my mom struggled in her final battle against her cancer. From early September when we had to put her into the hospital, to New Year's Eve at my sisters where we were with her when she slipped through the veil, we learned an important life lesson. What matters is who you are - what you stand for, and what you do with what you are given.

Being together to support Mawgs allowed us to share some sweet moments that will be always treasured, and to anticipate with joy a blessed reunion. It helped me to better understand who I am, what I want to stand for, and how I can give. I look back on those months last year and know that they were what they needed to be.

And now, we move forward.

I have a plan for our holidays this year - it is in place, and it begins today.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At Mon Nov 05, 07:21:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was soooo cool seeing you folks last week. Can't wait 'til Thanksgiving. Deb

 
At Mon Nov 05, 08:17:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're back blogging! I've missed you. You are still on the prayer list and will remain so for quite a while. In the meantime . . . heads up, 'cause we may be visiting soon.

xoxo Ma

 

Post a Comment

<< Home