Tuesday, November 06, 2007

The Train is On Track!

Day 1 of The Plan was at least partially accomplished, and I'm calling it a success! We didn't get everything done that I had hoped for, but we made good progress. The train is NOT stuck at the depot, but is on track and moving forward. :o)

I know I'm not the only one who has noticed that no matter how well we plan, things ALWAYS seem to take longer than we plan for. EVEN when we know that they do, and we PLAN for taking longer, it still takes even longer than the planned-for longer time. (Whew!) However, I will NOT be distressed this time. I will NOT get discouraged and stop working The Plan. We WILL have an amazingly relaxed holiday season this year, and we can even enjoy the journey along the way.

I spent some time with each of the girls yesterday beginning the process of readying their rooms for the holidays. It was wonderful. One of the best parts was just listening to their chatter. I do love being a mama. They are both actually quite excited about giving away some of their toys. It is a must - there is no room for new ones unless they make some space - but their attitudes about it are a blessing to my mama heart. "I think some little girl will really have fun playing with this, because I really have." "I can't wait to give this to _____ (the granddaughter of a neighbor)! She's going to love it!"

I have another segment of our journey all mapped out for today... and I can't wait to see how far down the track we get.

2 Comments:

At Tue Nov 06, 10:48:00 AM PST, Blogger Woody said...

Trains! Sneaky way to get me to do my chores, hm?

Cute and dangerous! ;-)

 
At Tue Nov 06, 10:58:00 AM PST, Blogger Mrs. Woody said...

Indubitably! ;o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home