Sunday, November 18, 2007

Saving Daylight... or Family Time?

My internal clock has been working overtime ever since the change back from daylight saving time. I used to wake fairly regularly sometime between 7 and 7:30 a.m. - a nice, sane time of the morning, in my opinion. For two weeks now, though, I have been waking up at nearly 6 a.m. on the dot, and it is making me crazy! You'd think that the extra hour of peace and silence would be something I would appreciate, and maybe I would if it didn't mean that I get tired and am ready for bed before anybody else in the house.

I have been making good use of the early hour, don't get me wrong. BUT most nights I've also been beyond frustrated when evening comes. There is a sweet feeling in our home as everyone settles in for some family time - sometimes doing something together and sometimes just doing our "own things" but usually in close proximity - and I just can't seem to keep my eyes open long enough to fully enjoy it!!

My good "neighbor" has suggested that we get some room-darkening shades or curtains to curtail my waking up with the sun. Guess if I want to lose my self-declared rep as a "party pooper" I'll have to give that a try!

Now I know what to put on my Christmas wish list. ;o)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home